Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday night excitement : )

This was a combination of leftovers that left me wanting seconds (which would have been easy since it only took five minutes to make:
Lightly sauteed kale, Gimme Lean sausage, tamarind chutney wrapped in a grilled tortilla.

Oh my new juicer is incredible. I bought it last weekend to nurse a cold since I broke my old one. I actually toted it out of town with us and halfway through our vacation it broke. Darn kale leaves are too dense!!!

So my new juicer is the Hurom Slow Juicer.   Why do I LOVE it???
So much juice. 
So easy to clean. 
Such dry pulp. 
I can juice so much without cleaning it in the middle of juicing like I did with my centrifugal. 
So quiet that I juiced while the twelve children were napping and not a single one woke up.

The only two cons of this juicer are:
1. The juice is just a tad "pulpier" than the juice from my centrifugal
2. One of the parts is a flimsy plastic piece that I'm just sure I will break within a year.
3. Food should be cut in smallish pieces. But that's not a huge con because I'd have to cut the veggies anyway. Whats another sixty seconds of cutting?





(If you can't see the marking, that's 32 ounces of juice right there)

The juicer poops the pulp right out as it's juicing. I dump this pulp right into my garden. I could put it into the compost bin but it looks so garden-ready...


My typical juice recipe:
1 head romaine
1 cucumber
1 head celery
1 green apple

A breakfast of champions!!!

Peace out, I'll be back again in another few months : )
Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Your leftover wrap sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think our dogs are twins!! :) So cute!! Check out this link from my blog to see her pic: http://additivefreeeats.blogspot.com/2012/03/peanut-butter-dog-treats.html

    I like your blog and recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the pics!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete