Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Graham Cracker Showdown


I scoured the internet looking for the "perfect" recipe.  Here are the two finalists.  The line under the word "cracker" is actually the profile view of a graham cracker, not my cursor.  
|
 (see? graham cracker.)
|
(there's another one.  getting hungry?)

A sweet, soft graham cracker.  Very easy to make--can make it in one bowl.  

Also sweet, but the dough is a bit harder to work with.  Wonderful spices create a nice aroma and flavor.  Seems to have less sugar than the Team One crackers.

Which recipe will become part of my official recipe collection???  

Trying to decide was hard...nearly impossible.  

It was like choosing between Edward and Jacob.
or Dave Chappelle and Dane Cook.
or The Office and 30 Rock (or Dexter and Weeds).
or Dyson and Oreck.
or Vegan Deli Slices and Baby Bologna.

I had to eat many, many graham crackers before I could decide.

I think it's a tie.

But if I have to choose one, I'm going with easy.  One bowl graham crackers will be showing up at my house and at the kids' snack table very soon!

*************

Team One Adaptations:  Used sucanat instead of sugar.  Worked just fine.
Team Two Adaptations: Used all whole wheat flour instead of white flour so the dough was a bit moist in texture.  Next time would use less oil (probably would cut it down by one tablespoon).

1 comment: