Saturday, October 1, 2011

Donut Holes and Inner Peace

Zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, micro greens, and spinach salad with Asian Dressing.
So I'm catching up on the blog reader, and I see some awesome looking donuts, which are my biggest temptation in life.  I've been known to eat three Whole Foods vegan donuts in one sitting.

Being on this new "diet" and all, sugar is out!  Having complete faith in the infinite powers of Google, I searched for "raw pumpkin pie donuts".  I think I'll try these.

Another thing I've noticed since doing yoga/eating mostly raw/eating huge amounts of veggies/juicing is that I am so much more psychologically and spiritually balanced.  I have a lot of little OCD triggers like washing my hands after I do anything (I live in a preschool--there are germs everywhere!).  I also have a lot of fears and anxieties about making decisions and things like that. Well, eating better and doing exercise has drastically mellowed those little disorders.  My overall stress level has gone down and I wonder if it's because of all of the great nutrients and chemically things in veggies that soothe the soul.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful salad! The raw donuts sound interesting too...keep us in the loop on those.

    I'm convinced that veggies are good for the soul...so cool that you're stress and OCD stuff has diminished.

    ReplyDelete