Thursday, October 20, 2011

Yummy Salad

Okay, this is not the actual salad because I scarfed it down before taking a picture, but I will share this because it's as colorful as my salad (almost):
Artist: a very confident 4-year-old

My salad today:
1/4 head radicchio cut into bite sized pieces
1 avocado
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
a few broccoli florets chopped small (save the stem for juicing!)
a few radishes, sliced
handful of baby arugula

Topped with:
balsamic
hazelnut oil
small piece of ginger
a tablespoon of hemp seeds
a squirt of agave
Processed until emusified

I had to share this so I could also remember it for future reference.  The sweet agave in the dressing cut the bitterness of the radicchio and radish and the sourness of the cherry tomatoes, making all of the flavors blend beautifully.  Eating so much salad lately on the Crazy Sexy Diet, I get sick of the same old salad and I like to change it up.

I followed that up with some sprouted bean trio from Costco (comes dried in a big bag) cooked w/carrots and peppers, on top of some quinoa.

1 comment: