Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kitchen Crisis. Breath In. Breath Out.

But don't breath too deeply or you will smell the aroma of food spoiling in my fridge.

You'd think the big overflowing pile of dishes in the kitchen sink would be my biggest kitchen catastrophe of the weekend.  Well, it's not.

The refrigerator is pooping out on us.  And it's not even ours--it's our landlord's.  And apparently he got it on craigslist for $100 so it wouldn't even be worth bringing out a repair person.  The refrigerator side is reading 55 degrees (so at the moment my food is better off in the backyard), and the freezer is at about 40.

Goodbye, entire-batch-of-cashew-hemp-milk-made-just-yesterday (check the blog soon for that one).  Hang in there, produce-that-was-just-delivered-yesterday.  And farewell, leftovers-that-should-have-been-thrown-out-on-Monday-anyway.

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about my dairy products spoiling, LOL.

What an ordeal...

Do you think my vinegars will be okay?  My sesame oil?  My hazelnut oil?

[Sigh.]

To make up for the depressing post, I'm adding a picture of my lovelies.  I'm sure I've posted this one before, but here it is again for your viewing pleasure.  Feel free to kiss the screen (on both sides...don't make one jealous!).


2 comments:

  1. Cute pups! Sorry about the fridge -- Is the landlord getting you a new one? Vinegar doesn't go bad, and the oils should be fine too, I think -- refrigeration just prolongs the shelf life before they go rancid, but isn't necessary if you use them up quickly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We bought a new one that we'll just take with us when we move. That way we could get a good one instead of a cheap-o loud used one. (not against used stuff, just against used stuff that my landlord would pick out!). haha well good at least i have some vinegar and oil left. and my produce (most of it anyway).

    ReplyDelete