Monday, September 26, 2011

Sexy Time!

Okay that might seem like a weird title if you don't remember the movie "Borat"!


Yesterday would be my 
Day 21

except...

we went camping over the weekend and I didn't really follow the CSD protocol.

How did that work for me?
I feel horrible and gross and heavy and tired today! We had soup for dinner because we both feel sick.
I'm throwing away those extra marshmallows that are asking to be roasted in the oven and thrown on a graham cracker.  Those will compromise my immune system enough to get me sick immediately, I can feel it.
That's me, today. I don't have any better pictures on hand. 
Skinny enough, right?
A note about weight loss

Last Friday, someone noticed I had lost weight.
And I have, almost 10 pounds actually.
And that's despite the fact that I had almost an entire jar (the big ones!) of peanut butter in the first week of the cleanse.  I have since switched to almond and cashew butters.

I'm going to continue the cleanse but I'm adding in a breakfast/snack at 10am-ish. It will probably be oatmeal or a kale smoothie. 

Why continue?

I have never felt better in my entire life, 
not even when I was a vegetarian yogi.
I feel like this diet was made just for me,
like a special gift from the cosmos
(which I am totally connected with today,
because I actually remembered to meditate!)
One of my weird embarrassing stories
Last night I ate two marshmallows on graham cracker sandwiches before bed (total CSD faux pas!) I woke up this morning dreaming I had made these little clear gelatin pellets in muffin molds and I was taking them out of the refrigerator. It was strange and random and gross.  After I awoke I had to wonder if my body was surprised at the presence of the gelatin-laden marshmallows and couldn't figure out what to do with it, and my brain picked up on the weird signals of digestion and processed it in a dream.

On that note, I must share a related quote from the Crazy Sexy Diet book:

"SHIT FOR BRAINS--Ever heard of the brain-gut connection? Dr. Michael Gershon, a researcher at Columbia university, calls the gut the "second brain". The gut has its very own nervous system, the small intestine alone has as many neurons as your spinal cord. Neurotransmitters are natural chemicals that transmit signals from one part of your brain to another. Guess what? They're also found in your intestines. In fact, a whopping 95 percent of all serotonin, one of the most important neurotransmitters, is made by nerve cells in your gut. And get this--the gut has at least seven different kinds of serotonin receptors. An imbalance in serotonin levels can be an underlying cause of depression. If one brain is out of balance, it stands to reason that the other one (the one you're using to read this) might be out of balance, too.  Many people with depression and anxiety also have bowel trouble. Maybe we need to pop less Prozac and pump out more poop." (Chapter 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment