Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So Sushi

For lunch today, I made these I Am Loved Nori Rolls from Kris Carr's book and they are great. Very basic ingredients inside 'em (pea sprouts, carrots, avocado, rice and tahini), but something about the way the tahini and wasabi interact is phenomenal.  I'm making these again tomorrow!



Smoothie of the day: although I didn't exactly follow the fruits to veggies ratio for my 10am breakfast smoothie, it was so good that I had to share:

 The Use-your-imagination-because-I-have-no-photo Vegan Lowish Sugar Smoothie

6 kale leaves
a couple broccoli flowers
2 small dates
4 ripe figs
1 tablespoons cashew butter
1/4 (?) cup rolled oats
10ish frozen organic blueberries
Half water, half almond milk to process

Put it in an opaque bottle because the color which is purplish grey, thank you kale and blueberries. It tasted as good as a chocolate smoothie, but maybe because there was a lot of sugar from the dates and figs. But hey, something had ton sweeten the six kale leaves!

Today's juice: half a cucumber, two stalks celery, a beet, a handful of cilantro, a few broccoli florets, a few kale leaves, six or so romaine leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment