Friday, December 24, 2010

Thumbprint Cookies



These cookies are worth writing home about!

This recipe comes from Oh She Glows (and she got the recipe from the Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan cookbook).

(Check her link for the recipe)

I could not for the life of me find Kamut flour so I used all purpose and spelt, heavier on the all-purpose. These spread quite a bit so if you're into small cookies (I am) then make very small balls and try to make the recipe yield to twenty cookies rather than the dozen that she suggests.

My best adaptation was finding this amazing fig jam stuff at Whole Foods to fill these little buggers.  The result was divine.  I also filled some with apricot-peach jam with equally amazing results.

You got that, right?  Divine!!!


I think I'll try these next time. (It's a "life-changing" vegan thumbprint cookie.)

4 comments:

  1. Steph,

    I am convinced fig jam makes just about everything better. LOL

    Merry Christmas,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ali!

    Agreed : ) Anything + Fig Jam = Better

    Merry Xmas to you, too! I haven't gotten a chance to send you a message in the last day or two, but I hope you and Dan are having a wonderful weekend together! Give some holiday head scratches to Nicco and Binky (and is there a third?) from Santa!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, i am so glad to have come across your blog - it is going in my sidebar!
    After diving off the veggie wagon this past month, I feel like crap and have been considering going full vegan in the new year....and/or getting back to my ayrvedic lifestyle.
    Great blog, great pics, and great sense of humour!
    I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Boho,

    Wow, thank you for the great compliment. I love your blog, too, which I stumbled by for the first time today.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete