Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My morning cup of joe. And by joe I mean oatmeal.

Okay, friends, just because my stomach is going to take three days (hopefully not more!) to recuperate from my sugar fest over the weekend, doesn't mean I will deprive myself of my morning coffee.

If you didn't see me decked out in my robe on Facebook this morning, this is the post for you.  Introducing my new look.  It's called "Wear My Husband's Robe Until My Guts Get Back to Normal".  I also call it "Shower Optional".

This cup, however, is my post-coffee smoothie.  See?


Because my stomach feels like it's going to hate me for a long time, I thought I'd treat it with a warm green smoothie.  If I had seen this recipe one year ago, I would have given it a big "No, Thank You".

The Weird Yet Very Soothing Warm Cup of Stuff That Has No Name
Blend:
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons raisins
1 cup hot (not boiling) water

When it's smooth, add:
1 handful kale (I used the crinkly kind)
1 banana
1 pitted date
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 dash of almond milk

Blend till smooth, enjoy warm.

That should do the trick to get my tummy on the mend.  

3 comments:

  1. I love the shower optional....LOL
    I am still wearing my robe and I feel perfectly happy about it and I think my shower is mandatory unfortunately...lol
    I have never thought of an oatmeal smoothie, but it sounds very soothing!!! I hope your tummy gets better soon!
    Viv~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea to add kale to your oatmeal and turn it into a smoothie.

    I hope you recover from the sugar fest soon,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afterthoughts...that smoothie really did help my stomach yesterday. I feel much (though not completely) better. Maybe if I would stop sneaking cookies...

    ReplyDelete