Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pressure's on...vegan food for the omnivore

My omni husband and I are accustomed to eating separately most nights of the week. We eat the same thing for dinner maybe once or twice a week. Well, that's about to change this week while he tries veganism. I personally don't think one week is going to cut it, friends. He needs at least that long to detox.

I made this menu so that I could plan and implement with ease, and so I would know how to grocery shop.



Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Breakfast

Smoothie: banana, blueberries, oats, honey, almond butter, spinach, walnuts

Smoothie: banana, mango, blueberries, oats, honey, almonds

Oatmeal with fresh berries, orange zest, dried coconut, crushed walnuts, cardamom

Smoothie: banana, dates, almonds and walnuts, berries, kale, chia seeds, sprouted granola

Smoothie: banana, frozen fruit, nuts, leftovers

Snacks

carrots, radishes, and bean dip

carrots and nuts

bananas and oranges

rice crackers w/bean dip

carrot sticks

Lunch

wraps w/tortilla, vegan mayo, chickpeas, avocado, spinach shredded carrot, sunflower seeds

mega-salad w/spinach, nuts, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, cranberries, shredded carrots, sliced kale, walnuts, beets, quinoa, sprouted mung beans

almond butter sandwiches, side of apple, banana, and edamame

mega-salad

leftover burritoes w/chips, salsa, and avocado

Dinner

kichuri w/brown rice*

chili*

coconut rice*

burritoes

mushroom soup* w/quinoa


spinach salad w/apple and walnut

brown rice and steamed kale

miso soup w/tofu

brown rice, pinto beans, avo, tomato, lettuce, cilantro

spinach salad w/strawberries & pine nuts


the starred recipes came from: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday


Maybe if he sticks it out another week, we'll do some bbq veggie burgers, pizza, basic vegetable soup.


I'll probably be too busy cooking (and eating, ugh) to blog this week, but hopefully I'll be reporting great news next weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    I just found your blog! Wanna link up?
    I always like seeing other people's meal plans!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the hubby. I have my fingers crossed for you.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Aimee: but of course! Me, too!

    @ Ali: Thank you! I always admire how you take care of Dan, so now it's my turn to get my behind in gear.

    ReplyDelete