Monday, September 6, 2010

Tonight's eatin'

Today, I'm having a hard time being excited about being vegan for many reasons.

1. We've been out of town all weekend (Tahoe) so vegan, sugar, and soy restrictions went out the window. Now I feel gross.
2. We got back last night so I didn't grocery shop. That means no smoothie ingredients in the fridge. That means no smoothie. That means tired Stephanie. And Stephanie without her morning smoothie eats sugar all day. Now I feel gross.
3. I need new flavors.

Then why did I start a blog about being vegan? Narcissism? To get me excited about food? I guess mainly to document my challenges and successes on this journey. This long, messy journey of transitioning to a new way of eating.

---

My dinner tonight: quinoa and veggie curry.

Star rating: 3.5

Leftover chopped veggies from last night's soup (I saved the extra chopped stuff)
Sauteed in oil while rinsing quinoa
Roasted it all for a few minutes on medium
Added "curry powder" (they had this at Target of all places!) and salt
Added water
Added fresh spinach
Added canned cannelini beans (also leftover from last night)

Let it sit on medium-low until the water absorbed, about twenty minutes.

Looked boring, added a sauce-thing on top. This was yummy.

1 handful of soaked almonds
1 small scoop of cashew butter
pinch of salt
1/2 garlic clove
splash of olive oil
juice of one lemon

Blend until smooth.

I added that on top of the quinoa stuff and it was yummy.

It's hard to get excited about dinner when cheese isn't involved. But I'm getting there.

I also realized that I don't like my own cooking. So I'm going to start using recipes again.


No comments:

Post a Comment