Monday, September 20, 2010

Sugar Headache

I knew all that sugar and crap I ate last night would make me feel bad today.

I had a mild headache most of the day. I was tired by noon (I felt that way every day when I was indulging in sugar first thing in the morning on a daily basis). I felt like a sugary drink, knowing that it would help (and it would!) the feeling of withdrawal.

I feel better now, though.

And by the way, the cheesecake was delicious!

Tonight's dinner: Easy peasy bean chili
Star rating: 5 (I'm easy to please lately!)

1 can black beans (rinsed, drained)
1 can kidney beans (rinsed, drained)
1/2 yellow onion
3 tomatoes
1/2 green bell pepper
2 zuccini, medium
2 carrots, medium

Put it all in a slow cooker, turn it on low, eat in 8-12 hours!

I added some Daiya and, to my complete and utter surprise, it improved the flavor. I suspect it added sodium, thereby bringing out the lovely taste of my chili : )

Tonight this was served with brown rice (leftover) and spelt tortilla (trying to increase my grain intake without increasing my gluten intake...but after reading this article posted on this blog I'm thinking I should stick with the rice and lose the tortillas!).

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,

    Sorry to hear about your sugar withdrawal headache. I hope it is gone now.

    I love making things like chili especially when the weather turns cooler, like now. ;-)

    We used to eat a lot more whole wheat pasta and pizza before I started reading all the negative press on flour products. *sigh* Being half Italian I still miss them both terribly. We try to save flour for a once or twice a week indulgence with less being the ultimate goal.

    Have a great Tuesday, :-)
    Ali

    ReplyDelete