Sunday, September 12, 2010

And still sugar-free!

This morning I shared my woes about my sugar craving (or what I thought to be withdrawal but wasn't sure). I said that I would not "treat" the desperate feeling of needing to fix the sugar crave, even though every part of my body told me that something was wrong. I ignored it. And it went away. Whatever it was either recovered, or was satisfied by the multitudes of healthy things I put into my body today (fruit and nut smoothie, cashew and honey sandwich, spinach and blueberries juice with ezekiel cereal, chia and sunflower seeds--i know sounds disgusting but SO healthy!, and leftovers from last night's dinner). And my intensive bike ride tonight proves that I don't need animal protein to be a good athlete, dammit!

And what a great feeling to know that I walked through the hardest part about giving up sugar (the withdrawals), and I'm still okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment