Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dinner...4 stars.

Well, the most colorful was this:


and surprisingly it turned out better than I expected. I just heated some canola oil, sauteed the sweet potatoes for a few minutes, added peas, corn (cheated!), and tomatoes, and some curry powder (just a tad), salt, and black pepper, and some veggie broth. I cooked it, open top, until the sweet potatoes were cooked through. I wish I could have cooked them softer but the other veggies would have overcooked.

The yellow split pea dhal turned out pretty good, too. I promised myself in one of the first posts here that I'd start following recipes, and I'm glad I did. Although it was just 4 stars (meaning I would eat it again, but would only be moderately excited to do so) it was better than what I would have made on my own. I added mustard seeds to the recipe, as well as fresh ginger, a piece of kombu and some aseofotida powder. Next time...less onion!


Brown long grain rice, with a pinch of white rice added at the end just to sweeten it up a little (I'm still getting used to the grainy brown rice flavor).

I'm really craving sugar today, which tells me that I'm probably doing well with not eating too much sugar the last 24 hours (otherwise why would I crave it). I'll have to eat an orange for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment