Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Oxymoron


My day has not started off so well, so I'm intervening with a humorous story.

Recently I have been encouraging my husband to use more natural facial cleansers because I hate the way his Cetaphil cleanser smells (and I have a very sensitive nose to make it worse). I'm also pretty sure it's chock full of horrifying chemical ingredients that are leaching into his body via the skin. So we bought him some new cleanser from Whole Foods, but I noticed he hasn't been using it.

Well, we went to Tahoe a couple of weekends ago and stayed in a hotel. At the hotel, I found a bottle of facial cleanser and thought, "wow, he went on his own to get some natural stuff since he didn't like the first one". It was Aubrey Organics. The bottle was full so I knew it wasn't one of my leftovers from ages ago that he found in the cabinet (I save almost empty bottles for eternity). I have used Aubrey Organics products before and love most of them.
Well, during our trip my facial cleanser ran out, so I used his "natural herbal" one. It left my face squeaky clean, and had an interesting astringent smell to it. It was bright blue. I thought, "wow, i like how this feels...it's so easy to rinse off".

***two weeks later***

We're in the bathroom getting ready for our days, and I'm brushing my teeth watching him get ready. He squeezed some of his Aubrey Organics facial cleanser onto his hand and started rubbing it around, lathering it up to wash his face. I thought it was kind of odd because he was already dressed up for work...hadn't he washed his face in the shower?

In what must have been a not-enough-coffee-yet state of confusion, he started to put the face wash into his hair. Immediately, I reached out for his hand, and said, mouth full of toothpaste bubbles, "babe! that's your face wash!"

He replied, "no, I just used this old bottle as a travel bottle for my hair gel. I figured you wouldn't mind if I rinsed out the little bit of face wash in there to use the bottle."

So I'm here to give a five star review for my newest facial product.

2 comments:

  1. Good story, LOL. Sounds like something that would happen here. ;-)

    Hope your day improved since you said it didn't start out well.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did, thank you! Sometimes I just have to laugh at life in order to make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete