Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chef Chloe's sliders and fries



Thank you for the blog post, Chef Chloe!



First I made patties that were flat and not uniform and fell apart easily. What can I say, I'm not good at making hamburgers!














Then I realized that if I form balls and then gently flatten them, that would be much easier. So that's what I did.








































The sweet potato french fries turned out great! I enlisted Tristan's help to cut the fries. Just toss them in salt and oil and stick them in the oven for twenty minutes or so. The recipe says to flip them but I don't really think it's necessary unless maybe you cut some big slices. Dipping them in mustard and mayo took away from the flavor of the sweet potatoes, so maybe another dipping sauce should be called for next time!










We topped the burgers with mango-avo-tomato sauce. Just blended some frozen mango, an avocado, and a little bit of salsa fresca and put a dollop or so on top of the burgers. The color is so-so, but the flavor is unexpectedly delicious. Might be worth a try to squeeze some lemon or lime juice in it next time.





And according to this guy:

you couldn't "taste the difference". I guess that's a compliment if we're looking to satisfy the vegan and the omnivore.

No comments:

Post a Comment