Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mushroom and Broccoli Soup


Tonight's dinner actually deserves it's 5 star rating!

Inspired by this Thai Curry Soup and Kim's version from Affairs of Living, I decided to venture into the soup world tonight even though California temperatures were soaring today!

What I ended up making was almost exactly like the version from Elana's Pantry, minus the lime (the one ingredient I didn't have). I really just estimated everything and replaced half of the shitake mushrooms with portabella, and replaced fresh broccoli for frozen.

It turned out delicious.
I finished the whole lot of it (granted I halved the recipe).

And now a friend just invited me to gelato and since this particular friend really needs a night out, I'll be eating dairy (ugh) and sugar (oh dear, not again) tonight.

Last time I ate sugar and dairy (last Sunday), I had a hangover (?) the next day (headache) and was depressed the day after that (withdrawal?). And why am I eating sugar and dairy tonight? Maybe I'll see if they have some sugar-free non-dairy gelato. I'll let you know tomorrow if my will power has been doing its push-ups.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good soup. Thanks for sharing your rating.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, perfect time for curry, I think! Thanks for linking to my recipe! xo Kim from Affairs of Living

    ReplyDelete