Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mung Bean Soup and Sprouted Mung Beans

Ho hum. I hate blogging when I have no photos.

I soaked some mung beans to make soup but didn't have a recipe. I liked this one:


It turned out quite delicious. Didn't use kale, but added a yellow summer squash. Doubled the ginger. It could have used some cilantro, which I believe the recipe calls for, to garnish, but I didn't have any.

I also sprouted some mung beans. Seems to me to make sense that this is one of nature's complete foods. It is one tiny package with the equipment to produce food for many. Okay, not by itself, but they are smart little entities. Smart with mother nature juice. More, please.

I also plan on using them in this recipe from Veggie Belly.

***

I'm having a vegan weirdness day. I feel tired and sore in my legs and I don't know if it's hormonal, or that I haven't been exercising, or what. But I feel tired and sore. My body is telling me to eat tofu, so I had a smoothie with a handful of walnuts, a handful of almonds, a few macadamia nuts, a spoon full of chia seeds, and some nut butters. Plus some strawberries. That should calm the protein urge, right? That smoothie topped off a cool-down snack (it's still 80 degrees and it's 10pm!) of a cup of frozen rasberries, a banana, some homemade cashew milk, honey, and vegan sugar-free carob chips. Both were satisfying but now I wish I hadn't had quite so much of the nut one. I have nut gut : )


2 comments:

  1. I don't like blogging without pictures either. But sometimes there is nothing to photograph.

    Sorry to hear you were having a weird day. I hope it is better now.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you didn't have a photo, your blog is so colorful it stands up quite well without one. (Thanks for the link. I think I need to make a better picture of the soup!)

    ReplyDelete