Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Pleasant Reunion

It's been several weeks since I've gotten any green dino kale in my CSA box.  I've gotten purple crinkly kale and lots of collard greens and chard, but no green dino kale.  Yesterday was my lucky day : )

And now I'm curled up with my green kale smoothie (only after finishing half a pot of coffee).  It's cold this morning and I couldn't resist going back to bed.

Here she is on my over-crowded nightstand.

Green Drink
6 or so small dino kale leaves
1 frozen banana
3 dates
1/4 cup walnuts
water to process

That would be today's recommended allowance for vitamin A and K.  Plus 88% of today's vitamin C.  Anything as brightly colored as that kale smoothie must be loaded with nutrients.

Check this out for the rest of the nutritional value of kale.

I wonder how much of those nutrients I actually absorb into my system?


I'm not the only one who wanted to go back to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite things...coffee and a green smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine a day without kale. Dino kale = BIG +!
    I found dandelion greens yesterday and got so psyched!!
    Green Rules!
    Angelic Hugs!

    ReplyDelete