Friday, October 1, 2010

A mate for this veganette

Me and my friends mixing up some practically vegan almost-sugar-free bowls of whatever they wanted. Their choices were dried coconut, almond butter, pure maple syrup, vegan grain sweetened carob chips, chopped walnuts, roasted garbanzo flour (for the brain!), trader joe's brand rice crispy cereal (therein lies the sugar), raw cacao powder, cinnamon, and honey (sorry, I know, I'll make it up to the bees somehow).
___

My husband just told me he wants to try being vegan! Mr. Omnivore of the year who can't go one day without meat unless he has a protein shake from powder in a container with a the most steroid-abusing body builder on the front.

He said he'll need my help. Aargh.

I know he won't be satisfied with the dinner I'm eating tonight (quinoa with sprouted mung beans on top, sprinkled with Braggs). I'm going to have to step up my game and get some Vegan for the Manly Omnivore recipes.

So say a prayer for this guy (doesn't he look like a meat-eater???):


Other wise this guy will be my only vegan family member:

___

I skipped my breakfast smoothie this morning and can I just say I have never craved leafy greens this much in my life? I saw kale in the veggie drawer and was tempted to just eat it right off the stem. I can't wait for my kale smoothie tonight before bed!!!

___

I'm not going crazy...I've been feeling "off" lately, and I thought it was vegan nutritional deficiency. Well, it's mother nature and her wonderful reproductive workings, and she decided to make a spontaneous visit to Early-ville. It's reassuring to know that it's not my diet, and although being soy free has resulted in a more extreme hormonal impact on my body/mind, it's not a dead end. It'll pass in a week! So off I go to make my kale smoothie.

Vegan Power!

2 comments:

  1. Tips for Tristan- continue to put A-1 sauce on your (veggy)burgers and ease in with some curried tofu. Go to hidden villa farm and pet the cows and sheep and feed the chickens. Go on a juice fast for a day then thereafter feel overwhelmed with vegan choices. Don't give up your coffee. A vegan powerbar and dark chocolate square can still bring about a healthy drool. A hardy Appetizers can be quite delicious when dipped in sweet honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Especially the A-1 sauce. And I love a good barbeque, even if it is veggie burgers, kale chips, zucchini strips, or a vegan pizza!

    ReplyDelete