Monday, October 11, 2010

Vegan Slaw

WOW! I feel like new after my fast yesterday. My hunger feels normal, my cravings are for healthy foods, and I feel all around cleaner and better. Since today was all about eating light and clean, I wanted a light but fulfilling dinner.

Antioxidant Super Juice
Handful of spinach
A few kale leaves
Water
OJ (from fridge)
Carrot juice (from fridge)
I wanted the satisfaction of drinking it green, so I went light on the other juices. It was quite good!

I made this tasty little concoction to go with the soup Tristan made yesterday (that I didn't get to eat!).


Vegan Slaw
3 shredded carrots
1 shredded daikon radish
1 shredded apple
2 celergy stalks, cut into small slices
1 handful of cranberries
1 handful of sunflower seeds
lime zest (1/4 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional...cilantro might be nice instead)
For the dressing, blend together:
1 avocado
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of salt
a few grinds of pepper
1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon tahini (optional)
juice of 1 lime
Coat everything well with the dressing and enjoy.


And can I just say...why did I use this...
instead of my food processor? That thing was a pain in the butt!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a yummy day at your house. You know I love fresh juice but the slaw was really calling my name.

    It looks like we have same Kitchen Aid. ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete