Saturday, November 20, 2010

Amazing Oatmeal Cookies

This would be the remainder of the cookies.


Disclaimer: This cookie has brown sugar : ) But just a wee bit.

I got this Oatmeal Cookie recipe from Angela at Oh She Glows. It's a good one, and easy. I just love how in most of my vegan cooking, often the countertop mixer stays in the cupboard while the food processor takes on all functional roles in the recipe. This is true even in this cookie recipe.

I made no adaptations to the recipe since I was making the cookies for my co-worker, who misses our old Brownie Fridays (she grieved when I stopped eating sugar!).

We baked the lighter colored ones for exactly ten minutes (the recipe suggests not going over ten minutes), but they weren't done in the middle (my oven isn't the greatest) so we did the next batch for 12 minutes, which made them slightly overdone. Next time, it will be an 11 minute bake time. Even though the underdone ones don't seem cooked in the middle, they take on a nice soft and moist texture once they cool completely. They are way better underdone than overdone!

Things I love about this recipe:
-They are beautiful and smell delicious
-They are easy
-Everyone loved them
-They have lots of walnuts but no walnut chunks

1 comment:

  1. The cookies look beautiful. My friends went into mourning when I gave up sugar and went vegan too. I used to make many different flavors of chocolate covered marshmallows for Christmas. I have people still ask if I am going to make them. ;-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete