Monday, November 29, 2010

The Soup and The Dessert (that kept me awake all night)



I liked it, but he* loved it!  Some of his comments:

"Did you notice how good this soup was?" (we ate at different times)
"Something about this soup is really good!"
"What's that really good flavor in this soup?"
"That soup was so good!"

My substitutions: 
1 small yam and 1 stalk of celery in place of zucchini
regular white quinoa for red quinoa
regular yellow onion for sweet onion

It was still wonderful, despite the substitutions. 

*He = my omnivore husband

***
The question of the hour:  why am I still awake (and on the computer) at 1:00am???  I think it was the banana soft serve we ate at 9:30pm.  

What?  Banana soft serve, you say?  What was in it?

1 frozen banana
a dollop of maple syrup (could have been omitted)
a scoop of raw almond butter
a small scoop of cocoa powder (I think this is the culprit and why I'm still awake)

Processed in the food processor until smooth.  Topped with granola.  Served two.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...banana soft serve sounds so good! Blending frozen bananas is just the best.

    ReplyDelete