Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ultra Rich Vegan Chocolate Shake


After yesterday's delicious meal and knowing what great potential lies dormant in my kitchen, I am raising my standards a bit : )

My next contribution to the vegan blogosphere:


Ultra Rich Vegan Chocolate Shake
1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
3-4 ice cubes
1 banana
2 dates, pitted
2-4 tablespoons raw cacao powder (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon chia seeds (wouldn't be my recipe if it didn't have redundant nutritional elements--but it also thickens it)

Blend everything until the dates are shredded to bits. Taste and adjust if necessary.

Comments: Now, granted, I haven't had a "real" milkshake in ages, but for vegan stuff this shake hit home. This was my entire lunch and I don't feel guilty about it. I could have added some spirulina or steamed spinach to add some nutrition and I don't think it would have impacted the flavor too much. Next time I might use only half a banana and a little nut butter, or only nut butter. It was pretty banana-y.

2 comments:

  1. Just saw your chocolate shake recipe, went straight into the kitchen and made one for myself. Mmmmmmm. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad to satiate a craving you probably didn't know you had ; )

    ReplyDelete