Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegan Video Playlist

I was surfing on youtube today and did a search for "vegan".

In case you get bored this weekend, here's my playlist.

Bill Clinton Interview (you've probably seen this one but it was still interesting)
Alicia Silverstone (I'm not a huge fan, but I love how she describes first becoming vegan...I had the same experience. Lightness, an unexplainable feeling of inner lightness and calm.)
Barack Obama (politics of food, and a very politician-y response. Why not legislate food choices? We tax cigarettes...why not junk food? Let that money go into the Medicare system!)
Carl Lewis ("My best performance was when I was eating vegan")
Ellen DeGeneres (talks about animal welfare, Skinny Bitch, the John Robbins book, 'Earthlings'. Noteworthy line: "'Food Inc.' is a Disney movie compared to 'Earthlings'". Makes me want to go watch Earthlings next time I'm up for some hardcore reality.)
Dennis Kucinich (Skip to 4:30, where he talks about the benefits of switching to vegan)
Gladiators were Vegan (Dr. John McDougall)
Ben Ammi (I thought this was a compelling interview--he suggests a direct connection between non-vegan diet and prevalence of cancers and health problems especially in black men. Makes claim for biblical support for veganism by citing Genesis 1:29...not sure I buy it, but I like his logic.)

Neal Barnard MD (long, but really interesting discussion of the addictive natures of foods. 12:00 presents the "why" behind sugars and fats in dairy.)


And a little surprise: Cafe Gratitude's Coconut Soup (I Am Thankful) recipe. I will save a pretty penny next time I happen to have a young coconut laying around.

Peace
*Steph*

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the list. I will definitely be checking a few of those out.

    hope you had a good week,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete