Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rajma with Socca and Roasted Fennel

"Yum" said the omnivore and the vegan in unison.

Saffron Rice*
Spinach and Romaine Salad**

My comments: Sounds complex, but was very easy. These dishes complimented each other surprisingly well. The omni declared that it was "very flavorful", and said that I must have worked really hard on this meal (I didn't--about an hour in the kitchen, not including clean up--but I let him think I did!). I normally don't like fennel, but this was delicious and complimented the other components of the meal.

*Saffron Rice: Leftover rice reheated with a little bit of saffron-infused water. Just a few threads of saffron made a statement.
**Salad: Spinach, romaine, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and a diced pear, tossed with olive oil, balsamic, a tablespoon of nutritional yeast and a teaspoon of wasabi powder.

CSA box contribution to this meal: spinach, romaine, pear, and fennel! What a treat!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    Looks and sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks : ) I modified the socca recipe to make a delicious breakfast crepe...if I get a chance I'll post about that, too. Even my picky co-worker liked it.

    ReplyDelete